In addition to my Immunity Soup, here’s another power-packed combination of immunity-stimulating ingredients—another protective recipe for these pandemic times. (Note that the immune-enhancing component of shiitake is a carbohydrate, reinforcing the importance of much-maligned carbs!) In addition to perfect egg protein, this recipe also includes the immune-promoting qualities of all other ingredients (except perhaps gruyère). I recommend adding oysters if you can, with their superior content of zinc, copper, iron, B12, and fish oils.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- ½ small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp + rosemary powder
- 1 tsp dried basil (and/or thyme and marjoram)
- ¼ cup + shiitake mushroom, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach or baby kale
Optional Additions and Substitutions
- Touch of gruyère cheese, grated
- Broccoli substituted for leafy greens
- Tin of smoked oysters, chopped in halves or thirds
Sauté onion, garlic, and herbs in EVOO for 2-3 minutes. Add shiitake and greens to sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove vegetables from pan.
Prepare eggs as desired (either as an omelet or scrambled), adding back vegetables and gruyère halfway through the cooking process. Serve!